The truth is still out there, and The Glenn Butler Podcast Hour Spectacular is all over the return of The X-Files in pursuit of it. Glenn & Scott welcome special guest Andy Halleen to the podcast to talk about some of their favorite episodes & moments over the course of The X-Files‘ long run, the way that the first two episodes of the new miniseries reintroduce both the larger mythology and case-of-the-week styles of the series, Gillian Anderson having to hold out for equal pay, the relationship between real-world conspiracy theories and TV conspiracy theories, and AD Skinner’s stalled career.
You don’t have to register an account on MindQuad to listen to this brand-new episode of The Glenn Butler Podcast Spectacular!
- “Threnody in X” from The X-Files: Fight the Future by Mark Snow
- “Crossroads” from The X-Files: Fight the Future by Mark Snow
- “Big Happening” from The X-Files, “This Is Not Happening” by Mark Snow
- The X-Files Theme in a Major Key
Buy the music excerpted in this episode:
- The X-Files: Fight the Future, original score by Mark Snow
- The X-Files, Volume 1, original score by Mark Snow
(Special thanks to Andy for the radio-style intro.)