Now that they’re not on a podcast feed full of people with actual knowledge of comic books, Glenn & Scott branch out to examine the Disney Marvel MCU miniseries WandaVison. They examine issues like grief and selfishness, when metatext becomes too textual, and the pressure exerted by audience expectations and the ways creators respond to it. They do their best to determine who exactly the villain of this show is (is anybody on this show NOT the villain?), plus they review the show's score, because there haven’t been enough score reviews on this podcast lately.
You can support the show on Patreon at patreon.com/nontoxicfanboys. On this month's Patron-exclusive podcast, Glenn shares a very personal story about his own experience with grief and how it shaped his view of Wanda in this series. Come join us at patreon.com/nontoxicfanboys to hear it!
Every Monday night at 8pm Eastern time, Glenn & Scott stream video games live on twitch.tv/nontoxicfanboys. Come hang out with us in the chat, or catch the archive later if you just want to watch us play games badly.
Musical selections from the WandaVision score by Christophe Beck:
- "Wanda's Theme (End Credits from 'WandaVision')"
- "Wanda and Vision (Love Theme from 'WandaVision')"
- "Uncharted Waters"
Buy the WandaVision soundtracks reviewed in this episode:
- Ep. 1 "Filmed Before a Live Studio Audience" Original Soundtrack: https://amzn.to/3uuAjLe
- Ep. 2 "Don't Touch That Dial" Original Soundtrack: https://amzn.to/33jwAUF
- Ep. 3 "Now in Color" Original Soundtrack: https://amzn.to/3h1Tat3
- Ep. 4 "We Interrupt This Program" Original Soundtrack: https://amzn.to/3vOssbh
- Ep. 5 "On a Very Special Episode..." Original Soundtrack: https://amzn.to/3h68TaA
- Ep. 6 "All-New Halloween Spooktacular!" Original Soundtrack: https://amzn.to/3enVYiw
- Ep. 7 "Breaking the Fourth Wall" Original Soundtrack: https://amzn.to/3eV1wQB
- Ep. 8 "Previously On" Original Soundtrack: https://amzn.to/33kfh5U
- Ep. 9 "The Series Finale" Original Soundtrack: https://amzn.to/2PXp7ro